Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Garden

This post is entirely boring and written merely so I can remember what and where I planted things in my garden, because if I write it down anywhere else I will either lose it or forget where it is.

Rows listed from grass side, not fence side.

1. ta-mei hwa daikon
2. kohlrabi
3. kohlrabi
4. "Hybrid one kilo" bai tsai
5. li sun sweet cabbage
6. broad leaf mustard green/nan fong mustard green
7. san-ho mustard green
8. lettuce
9. Taichung 13 edible podded sugar pea?
10. dwarf grey sugar pea?
11. dou miao pea shoots? (totally unsure of order of peas)
12. ta-mei hwa daikon/cilantro
13. kaoshiung chang dou
14. kaoshiung chang dou
15. suhyo long cucumber (plus on thai eggplant on end)
16. hybrid tasty queen cucumber

To be continued as weather warms.

7 comments:

Tricia said...

I'm so jealous of your garden. We're still waiting to see if we can even plant one here since chopping down a dozen trees to heaven (must wait for the rest of the trees' leaves to be fully in)- which means no garden this year.

Karen said...

Wow...I think I only recognize the word "lettuce." =)

Rachel said...

I can't believe you can already plant a garden. My kids LOVE to watch the garden grow!

Shari said...

*Sigh* I can't wait to have a garden someday!

Bluebird & Company said...

yay for a garden! We still haven't started ours.....yet. hopefully soon.
Those sound like some cool things you're planting.

Paul Jurek said...

I may be wrong but I think three of what you planted are controlled substances. The DEA must be quite lax in your area. On the other hand, if you are using them for "medicinal purposes" I suppose you are fine.

Seriously, I love planting gardens and watching them grow too. I have yet to get my two boys into the green thumb spirit. Maybe if I said I was planting kryptonite. They would think that was cool. If they were teenagers I imagine the controlled substances like you plant would impress them.

JS said...

I am super impressed..

I hope to have a garden someday, as of right now I have a tomato plant on my porch.

Um.. and I only knew the word lettuce and pea.