Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I went to Taiwan for two weeks

And I didn't want to come back. Even though three of my kids were still in America. I had so much fun I didn't miss them at all. It's okay, though, because as far as I could tell they didn't miss me either. I was easily replaced by Grandma. In fact, Alma has only recently stopped calling me 'Grandma'.

In any case, if I was Cinderella my happily ever after would be to spend the rest of my life in Taiwan. I may have waxed too rhapsodic about the virtues of Taiwan and my preference for all things Taiwanese because my niece asked me, accusingly, "Are you even American?" Sorry, Beth!

5 comments:

Karen said...

I have to admit, I was expecting a longer post. No pictures of your fun and adventures in Taiwan?? C'mon! =) And so glad your kids weren't traumatized by your absence! =)

Tricia said...

I was hoping that's where you stuffed yourself with all that seafood! I'm so glad for you! And sorry you can't spend the rest of your days there-- at least not for now...

Kristie said...

I'm glad your kids weren't traumatized by your absence, as Karen said, but I think I have been traumatized by that scary-looking fish on your page. I do hope you post some pictures soon!

KrysJo said...

Ummm the picture at the top made me laugh! I thought of another idea for Eliseo - call me if you get a second

Shari said...

I'm so glad that you had a chance to visit Taiwan!

I always imagine the day we'll come back to visit Ithaca. Of course, we'll have to get a job first and then leave. We love Ithaca so much; it's too bad we can't just settle here.