Monday, April 18, 2011


Somehow Lily is the only family member prone to black eyes. This was day two. I think day four was the worst. We're almost on day 14 now and it's finally back to looking approximately like this again.


I've started giving Alma piano lessons. I thought If all those five year olds on YouTube can play Bach, then dadgummit, my four year old should be able to play Old MacDonald! I can't stand how cute he is sitting there on his own plunking out his little tunes.


My diapering days are over! I was happy about this until I realized it means that I no longer have a baby. Then I cried. It's still a manic depressive subject for me. Will all her milestones do this to me????


My mom likes to collect vintage patterns from yard sales. This is one of them. The embroidery around the hem is hand done.


This is our grown up deacon on his way to church to pass the sacrament for the first time. Sniff...I'm so proud of you, Grant. Just kidding. He looked so earnest and cute in his white shirt and high water pants. Seriously, the kid's legs grow like bamboo. He's got the legs of a sixteen year old and the torso of a twelve year old, a pre-teen form of awkwardness that is only accentuated by a tucked in shirt. Every Sunday I giggle and then hug him and wish he would just stop growing up already.

4 comments:

Bluebird & Company said...

Man! Lily has a shiner!
Way to go Lils! I want to know how she got it.
And I can;t believe you have a deacon! already. they grow up fast.

thenairpair said...

I love reading about your family. You always have such fun posts.

Tricia said...

Um...Violet's potty trained? My twins are almost 3 1/2 and not even close. I'm so lazy. Good Job! =)

Karen said...

I love how one post can encompass potty training, a black eye, and high water pants. I'm always excited when you blog - I never know what I'm going to find. =)