Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

1. The kids had to be reminded that it was Mother's Day when it became obvious that they didn't remember and/or care.
2. They spent all day disobeying me.
3. I made a deal with Grant that he was excused from Mother's Day dinner duties if he would go work on the basement. He readily agreed, then went and took a 3 hour nap. Just when I was about to strangle him awake he popped out of bed and worked on the basement.
4. Over dinner I tried to give the kids a mighty guilt trip about my mistreatment. Only Rune was moved to real sorrow. Lily unapologetic-ally and glibly promised to serve me faithfully for the rest of the week. Then, after dinner, she threw a fit when I asked her to practice piano.
5. I went to bed laughing and not looking forward to the day when my house will only be full of echoes and Grant will be the only one around for me to boss.

4 comments:

Karen said...

I was excited to see you posted because I knew it would make me laugh! Happy Mother's Day, my friend! =)

thenairpair said...

I love real life stories. I think more people's posts would be similar but they post all the fancy fake fluff. Just my opinion (not intended to offend anyone or say that is the case at all times). But I think you are a great mother to your children and I love learning from your example. Love ya!

garcias said...

I can just see your household. Your description is perfect. :) Oh how I miss you guys. Anyway I sat by myself at the hospital until 5pm on Mother's day. At least I didn't have to cook!

Shari said...

Sometimes I feel like moms always get the short end of the stick. I honestly don't mind, most of the time.