Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Grant and I are both really un-festive when it comes to putting up Christmas lights on the house. As in, we have never done it and have never wanted to. I really don't know what Grant's reasons are, but for myself it is the frigid weather. I'm already so cold inside the house that I have no idea why anyone in their right mind would purposely go outside the house for hours to do a project when they don't have to. Eliseo, however, is dying to have Christmas lights on the house and has been trying to convince us for days that it is a worthwhile effort. When I picked him up from Scouts tonight he tried a new plug.

Eliseo (pointing to a festive house): See! We need to do our house like that. It's just so....attractive!

I really can't convey it in writing but the way he pronounced the word attractive is still making me laugh. It was a convincing enough argument that I may let him have a go at it himself and see what he comes up with.

7 comments:

Kristie said...

LOL, do what I did at my CA house--just a few on some bushes outside. Easy and fast.

Karen said...

You should get those "net" kind of lights. You pretty much just throw the thing over a bush, and it's done. =)

garcias said...

Eliseo cracks me up. I am glad somewhere inside of your hot heart there is compassion for your kids desires.

Paul J said...

You should tell Eliseo that you bought a whole bunch of lights but Santa came and had to take them back to his workshop because some of them were burned out. Then you can say,"Well, I don't know if Santa will have time to return them - this being his busy season and all." This worked for the Grinch too. ;)

Julie said...

I am fighting Trent about putting lights up. He is on your side. Our street looks so blah...no one has lights up. So sad. You scrooges...what will we do with you?

Mom said...

Lights are festive and "attractive". Eliseo would love to put them up. I bet he would have help from his siblings. I wish I could see the finished product. Love you.....

Shari said...

Since we've never owned a house (boo-hoo), this hasn't been an issue yet. However, when we were in Ithaca we bought those window suction cups with hooks and we'd just hang lights around a few main windows from the inside where it is much warmer! Some suction cups will fall throughout the season, but it's not hard to stick them back up.