Thursday, January 31, 2008

Lest you misunderstand...

In case I dismayed anyone with my less than enthusiastic post about being pregnant, I'd like everyone to know that I am not unhappy about having a baby, it's just the pregnancy I am dreading. And it's not about anything vain like getting fat. I always lose the weight, it's not that hard if you are a food nazi like I am. In fact, if someone called me up and said Hey, we have extra babies around here, would you like one? I'd say Sure, give me a girl please. I love babies. It's just being pregnant that I can't stand. The agonizing nausea and unrelenting aches and pains. If someone called me up and said Hey, I'll give you a gazillion dollars to be a surrogate mother. I'd say No way, Jose. The only way I can bear the thought of being pregnant is knowing I will get a baby out of it. I mean look at these faces (they are not all mine by the way), how could you not want one? If only it really was the stork that brought them.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I want you to know how happy I am for you to get to have another baby. If you would have asked I would have said yes and be your surrogate mother....well maybe in a year I would say yes. Right now I am still trying to lose the baby fat.