Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Um...I wasn't done

Tip: Pressing control P does not paste your pictures, it automatically publishes your post, whether you are done with it or not.

Here's what I have to say about the rest of the pictures.


These cute snowflakes were tatted by a woman in Grant's home ward and given to us one of the first Christmases we were married. There are various colors. I had no idea that tatting even existed until I received these. I now know that tatting exists, I still have no idea how it's done and what implements are used????



The following two ornaments were crafted when we lived in Taiwan and didn't have my large box of childhood ornaments to decorate our tree with. The origami birds were made the Christmas I was pregnant with Rune and they always remind me of how insanely happy I was that Christmas. The toothpick Star of David reminds me of several Christmases later when I was trying to have a fun crafty Christmas activity with the boys to decorate our tree and a one year old Lily was in the way of everything and destroyed half of what we did.




Lately, Lily and I have been into making these stuffed ornaments. I don't really know why, they aren't really that cool. At any rate we have around 7 of them on the tree.



For the kids' 2008 ornaments I bought these cool birds at JC Penny. They clip onto the tree and appear to be perched. They are my new favorite.


3 comments:

Bluebird & Company said...

those are cool. I love the stuffed ornaments by the way! What a fun project for you and Lilly. I had a sewing day with my boys the other day. They were fascinated with my sewing machine! We made bean bags...well technically they were rice bags. It was lots of fun for them, but a huge mess when we were done. I still have rice all over my kitchen floor. Maybe someday I will sweep it up. :) Messes aren't seeming to bother me as much lately. Maybe deep down they do, but my body says otherwise.
Hope you guys have a great Christmas!!!!

Karen said...

What a fun post! I liked looking at all of your ornaments!! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

tiff said...

I love this post! What a great idea. I've been wanting some clip-on birds like that for two or three years now. They look like they are from another era, and I like that.

And I think your description of being pregnant with Rune is sweet--insanely happy.