Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Chronicles Continue

Because it was so much fun I took pictures of more ornaments, some Christmas cards and my tree skirt.


I beaded 18 of these gold snowflake things around my tree skirt. I don't know why I get myself into these things.





Here's another clip on bird




Taiwan has the coolest Christmas cards. The two following are detail of a card full of Santas eating hot pot and singing karaoke.




These Christmas cards are from our friend Shan who sends us really cool cards every year.

This one has a mini 12 month calendar.


A pretty pink Christmas tree.


A fun church with a bell. Notice it can actually be hung on the tree.


This one is just classy.



Here's a star I made when I was like four years old or something. It's made of cardboard, aluminum foil, glitter and yarn. And it still persists after 30+ years.


More toothpick ornaments.


This one is looking at Bethlehem's skyline through a window. I know, the realism is astounding.



This ornament belongs to a full set of cartoonish Christmas pictures drawn by our friends' (then) 10 year old boy when we were in Taiwan and didn't have any ornaments for our poor little bare tree (these and the origami birds constituted our tree that year). He's pretty dang talented, huh?


My visiting teacher gave me this one last year. It's made of olive wood.



Okay, okay, I won't post anymore pictures of my ornaments. Anyway, they are all put away. Oh, and by the way, Happy New Year. Here's hoping this is the year I get to move back to Taiwan. Yeah, I know, fat chance.


This picture has nothing to do with ornaments. It's just goofy.

9 comments:

Karen said...

OK, so I love all of your ornaments and such, but I have to pick that last picture as my favorite. =)

And I'm impressed with you beading those snowflakes on your tree skirt!

Kristie said...

Karen said everything I was going to say! The beading is impressive and the kids are cute! And don't move back to Taiwan, move to CA! Or at least come for a visit--mi casa es su casa!

Bluebird & Company said...

I like the cool cards!!! Those are really awesome!

RaeAnn said...

I am really impressed with your beading on your tree skirt!!! They are beautiful!!! I love the cards and ornaments!!! Thanks for sharing them with us!!!
love you!!!

garcias said...

I love the last bell ornament made of olive wood. It is beautiful. When you die can I have it. Just kidding!!!!!

Jennifer Never said...

Seriously...Your blog is one of my favorites in the whole wide world...when I actually read blogs! Hope you guys had a great Christmas. Taiwan Christmas cards are, for sure, the coolest. Thanks for the memories!

tiff said...

I really really really loved the ornament posts! Can I copy that next year?

And how do you get all the sweet Christmas cards? Are those all form this year, or do you save them? They are the coolest I've ever seen.

Mom said...

Sally, I love your christmas tree skirt. It is beautiful. My favorite ornament is the aluminum star. I remember when you brought it home from primary. It adorned our tree for many years. Our tree is not the same since you children have grown and taken your ornaments with you. Love mom....

Karen said...

I have to make another comment because you added a new family picture to your blog! You look great! And what a beautiful family!

I can't believe my college roommate has 5 kids! Sigh...I think we might be getting old!!