Monday, February 9, 2009

FHE poetry

This was FHE tonight. We were attempting to pass off one of the talent portions in the Faith in God booklet. Here it is, unadulterated, all punctuation and spelling exactly as written.

Rune:

David slew a lion, with a little knife,
he was surprised with such a sight
with very little strife,
he went to war, to fight till sore,
but 'ol goliath stopped them,
so the army needed more,
David went right up and let that slingshot fly,
and then when the rock fell off, it was a red bullseye.

Eliseo: (spelling and punctuation are not his strong point)

The gold plats are so vary golde.
my eys wer rolen. I'v neve-
r sene plats of gold. I neve-
r sold the gold plat's. the ange-
l Maroni bared the gold pla-
ts. in the hill of camora.

Lily: (This poem was a collaboration. Lily gave me a line and then the rhyming word of the next line and I would provide the bulk of the second line. All Lily's contribution will be in red.)

They ate the tree of knowledge of good and evil,
They were no longer as dumb as weevils.
They were naked in the Garden of Eden,
It was a place that didn't need weedin'.
Satan told a lie.
We all know why.
He wanted them to die.
They went out of the Garden of Eden,
To a place that did need weedin'.




9 comments:

garcias said...

Those were great poems, but where are your's and Grant's poems. I would love to see some poetry from Grant. :)

Karen said...

Those are hilarious! What a fun FHE! Thinking there might be a poetry nite at a future Mattingley FHE...

Some of my favorite words were weevils and weedin'. =)

Bluebird & Company said...

those are great!
I love lilly's part about the weedin'.

Julie said...

What a great idea for FHE! Those poems ROCK!! You got some smarty pants over there.

Shari said...

I love the little poems. They're so clever! What a fun FHE activity.

Jeff and Michelle and Aliyah said...

Great poems! I loved them! Such talent bursting forth! What a great idea for FHE, I'm sure it was a lot of fun! (At least it was a lot of fun for me to read!)

Rachel said...

We loved the poems. Lily has created a new picture in my head about the Garden of Eden. :)

JS said...

cute idea!

tiff said...

So awesome! I love your poetry! What a super idea. You should write 100 poems....

If you really do 100 faces, though, I want to see the pics on your blog!