Monday, July 6, 2009

Dear Grant

The kids are having fun. Here they are in their 4th shirts.



I thought you might enjoy a good snicker. This is me posing for senior pictures. In 1991. Those are orange tights, not my leg skin. Just so you know. And that big round circle on my head? That's a hat.

This is my new haircut. Sadly, it seems that even with my orange tights and hideous hat I looked WAY better in 1991.


Here is a picture of me juxtaposed by pictures of Violet in order to assess whether or not we look similar. At any rate we have the same stringy baby hair and long mullet thing in the back.



Look at her sweet feet poking out from her dress. I can't stand the cuteness! However, please ignore my foot ruining the picture.







Eliseo got a mohawk for the summer. It's coming off before school starts, even though he will be homeschooled.




Here is the promised video of Violet pulling herself up. I'm sorry you've had to miss so many cute changes in her.



We miss you.
Love, your family

11 comments:

Bluebird & Company said...

Holy cow! Violet is growing so fast! Wasn't she just born?
okay, you have to tell me what this is about you moving? And where is Grant? I'm out of the loop. I hear bits and pieces.....
I hope you are not moving. I hope it's just an ugly rumor.

Oh, and you looked great in 1991. :)
I think I was wearing leggings that same year. With a cool side ponytail. ;)

Bluebird & Company said...

Also,
I tried a baby sling.....I was totally expecting her to cuddle up in it all close and cozy next to me. Nope. June was stiff as a board and it did not work very well. Oh well.

tiff said...

I'm jealous that Grandpa and Grandma got to see you all for Blanca's wedding! I hope it was nice. How long are you in Oregon?

Jeff and Michelle and Aliyah said...

What cute pictures! I love your haircut! It's so cute and looks so nice for the summer! Violet looks so adorable! Your kids are growing up too fast! Are you going to the Sorensen reunion? It would be so fun to see you all!

garcias said...

Am I snooping for reading Grants letter. :) Well we miss you guys already. There is no one to bite for fight with. And it is a good thing you got rid of those orange tights.

Shari said...

That's so awesome that you let Eliseo get a mohawk! Jon would be very impressed since his parents didn't let him experiment with his hair at all while growing up. I have to say, it even looks really cute on him. Your haircut is really cute too!

JS said...

Where is Grant? Violet is cute, and you guys look alike. I LOVE the orange tights, and the hat... but I LOVE your new haircut.

You are hotstuff.

Julie said...

That blows my mind how much you and Violet look alike. Wow! Cute Cute Cute

-it drives you crazy that I didn't put punctuation behind cute...doesn't it. Go on ...admit it!

Karen said...

I love the 1991 picture, and now Violet knows what she'll look like in a few years, too! =)

I can't wait to see you in only FIVE days! I can't believe it's been 15 years!

Jennifer Never said...

I think I say this every time I comment, but I'll say it again: Your blog is, hands-down, my favorite, most entertaining blog to read...when I do read blogs! Love the hat and your legs crossed up behind you pose. Classic

Kersina and Ryan said...

I can't believe how fast they're growing! Nice pic from the 90's. =)