Monday, August 17, 2009

Vernal, UT


That's where we are. And fortunately it is not where we will be staying. Nothing really personal against it, but it's just not my kind of place. I like places with lots of trees and greenery. A beach and plenty of humidity are also high up on my list of Perfect Place to Live. Also on the list are a good health food store and a nearby Asian Market. These are also lacking in Vernal. In it's defense the city has these fabulous planter boxes stuffed to overflowing with petunias completely lining the main street. My hat's off to Vernal's city gardener/beautifier.




We went to Church for the first time yesterday and one of the speakers gave a nice long talk about fellowshipping. Lots of quotes by prophets and apostles about the importance of befriending new members. Then sacrament meeting ended and not one person said hello to us or even gave us a second look. Grant and I giggled about it all the way home.




Oh! And the best thing about Vernal is the temple. I had a chance to go Saturday and it was lovely. It's an old tabernacle converted into a temple and very beautiful. And in reality, it's likely that when Grant gets a permanent job it will be in a place that is far worse than Vernal (like Tonapah, NV) and there will come a day when I will be saying to myself "I wish I lived in Vernal).

3 comments:

Karen said...

Greenery and a beach and humidity?? Sounds like you need to move East!! Specifically, I hear Charlotte, NC, is a great place to live! And people will talk to you after sacrament meeting, too. =)

Sally said...

I think Charlotte would be a great place to live. And the friends wouldn't be bad either!

Kristie said...

Well, if Sally moves back East, then our next Slookfest will definitely have to be closer to the majority of the group. Really Sal? Tonapah, NV? Sounds tiny!