Monday, January 25, 2010

I feel sorry for myself again

because the house up the street, which has 4 beds, 2 baths, a .3 acre yard and irrigation rights recently went into forclosure and Grant's co-worker bought it for 65K. Ah well, such is life, right?

But on the bright side, one day in the future, at a distant family reunion, with grandkids listening raptly I will tell the tale of when we crammed ourselves into a one bedroom house and the awesome family togetherness it fostered. But not how I threatened the kids with death and mayhem EVERY night to go to sleep because they won't stop talking and giggling due to the fact that they are all the same room.

7 comments:

Bluebird & Company said...

You are awesome Sally.
Yes, you will have some cool stories to tell to your grandchildren someday. :)

Bluebird & Company said...

We miss you guys in our homeschool group. :(
It feels like it just sort of dissipated without you. I am depressed about the whole thing actually. It doesn't seem like there are many families here who homeschool or want to get together for group days. oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep trudging along.....

garcias said...

I am sorry about the other house. As for your children going to bed I don't know how you do it. That is one of my biggest annoyances is when my kids won't go to sleep. :) But you already know that.

Karen said...

Makes me think of the times my kids get together with their cousins and have giant sleepovers. Enormous fun for them...not so much for the moms. I can't imagine doing it every nite...during a remodel. I think I'd go insane. =)

Julie said...

I just laugh...I love the death threats!

garcias said...

I love the new pictures. You got some pretty good lookin rag muffins!!! Especially Alma and Violet.

Shari said...

Oh! I go nuts when all my kids have to share a room! When we have to stay at a hotel, Bruce is usually in a play-yard in the hallway by the door, and Jon and I separate and share a bed with one of the other kids. We get feet and elbows in our backs all night, slapped in the face from a child rolling over, and sometimes even knowledge that we have a wet spot in the bed next to us.....but it's the only way for everyone to get some sleep!