Saturday, September 20, 2008

The unfashionable show

About 3 weeks ago


Here are the promised late pregnancy pictures. Rune took the latest one (just today) and thankfully cut off my head.
today


Really, it's impossible not to look ridiculous at this stage in pregnancy. And thankfully, it's difficult to even care. Thus the mismatched shoes in the first picture.

But there is good news. I had external version attempted last week and the baby that was breech is no longer breech. Unless there is another flip I will be spared the final injustice of a c-section. My friend said, "Wow, I've heard that they can massage the baby into place." Well, I wouldn't use the word 'massage.' It was quite a bit more...violent than that, but I'm sure it beats recovery from a cesarean . It is not usually a super successful procedure, but the doc said that since this is my fifth pregnancy that my uterus and abs are "looser" making the version easier. Well, up to that point I hadn't considered my flabby abs an asset but they worked for me that day.

Anyhow, I'm at that point where my due date gets closer but impossible to reach at the same time. Just like dividing a number by half over and over. You will get closer and closer to zero but never actually reach it. If this pregnancy is lucky enough to mimic Lily's then I will be done in 4 days. If I am unlucky enough to follow in Eileen's footsteps I will be pregnant for another month. *shudder* At this point sleeping is so painful that it feels I am actually doing harm to my body by trying to lay down and rest rather than something beneficial. I took a walk this morning and there was an older woman on my same route and she wasted me. Alma comes to sit on my lap and must feel that he is not properly situated and repeatedly slams back into my belly trying to get closer. And finally, that phenomenon called nesting does not and never has existed for me. I look at my messy house and visualize all the bending involved in cleaning it up and just cannot do it. Don't get me wrong, I have a desire to clean up, just a desire for someone else to do it. BTW, Grant and the kids actually help out quite a bit in this area. Grant, willingly, the kids not so willingly but they are learning valuable life lessons on work ethic.

4 comments:

garcias said...

Sorry I don't feel sorry for you. try multiplying your due date. That is what seems to happen to me. Actually I do feel sorry for you. You do look like your ready to pop. I don't mean fat, or ugly, more as uncomfortable and ready for your birth. But just remember you also look absolutely adorable because every other pregnant woman looks better than I do.

Jennifer Never said...

If the turning of the baby was anything like what they do to you in Taiwan when you are giving birth (jump up and down on your stomach), that is NO fun. And Sally, you look like you are ALL baby. Did you find out what you are having? Girl? Good luck with the birth this week! ;)

JS said...

You are definately a cute pregnant woman. Some of us really wish for that. I especially love your mismatched flip flops.

tiff said...

You totally crack me up. I don't want you to stay pregnant forever, but it has been good fodder for your blog posts. :) Here's hoping this pregnancy mimics the one with Lily.