Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Vasectomy Blues

Grant had a vasectomy Friday and although he is convalescing well enough, I wasn't prepared for my own emotional response. Instead of regaling you with a long prosy paragraph I thought I would try my hand at poetry. Tell me what you think (e.g. um...Sally, you should stick to prose.).

Oh! Those postpartem hormones
That cause me to bemoan
The end of something I hated.

Suddenly I feel
The end is too real
Even though the end was much wished for.

I know there is reason
For the passing of seasons
Though the passing may cause us great sorrow.

Could I suffer again
To let new life begin?
I can't, but wish that I could.

3 comments:

garcias said...

I am sure most people don't know what to say with your poem. I thought you did a great job. I am really sorry about those feelings. I can't imagine how deep they must hurt. Good luck with everything, and let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

tiff said...

I think your poetry is great. You expressed in a few words a mountain of emotions.

It's ironic that there are things we want so badly, and when we get them, it's not entirely satisfying. I'm sorry you're feeling low. Bittersweet is the perfect word. Sometimes it's hard to enjoy things quite as well when we know they are a last.

I'll keep you in my prayers with these crazy first weeks!

Bluebird & Company said...

Hi Sally!
I finally put your link on my blog list. :) Now I can check up on you more often. Davy keeps talking about the cute baby wif yots of hair. :) He really really liked violet.